This is a pre-order and is expected to ship on or around August 23, 2019.
21st anniversary reissue of ‘Mezzanine’ featuring the original album re-mastered + an album of previously unreleased dub remixes by the Mad Professor.
Widely hailed as their masterpiece, Mezzanine saw the band move away from the ‘trip-hop’ sound they had helped define to embrace rock and electronica. Mezzanine was remastered by Tim Young at Metropolis who has worked with the band for over twenty years.
The Mad Professor remixes were originally intended to be released on a Mad Professor Mezzanine remix album – as the band had done with previous album Protection (No Protection) – yet in the end only a number of his remixes were issued as single b-sides.
All 8 of the Mad Professor remixes included here are previously unreleased and include his dub mixes of 2 tracks not originally featured on Mezzanine but from the same period – Metal Banshee – a dub version of Superpredators which was a cover of Siouxie and the Banshee’s Metal Postcard – and Wire, a track they recorded for the soundtrack of the film Welcome to Sarajevo.
1. Angel (2018 remaster)
2. Risingson (2018 remaster)
3. Teardrop (2018 remaster)
4. Inertia Creeps (2018 remaster)
5. Exchange (2018 remaster)
6. Dissolved Girl (2018 remaster)
7. Man Next Door (2018 remaster)
8. Black Milk (2018 remaster)
9. Mezzanine (2018 remaster)
10. Group Four (2018 remaster)
11. (Exchange) (2018 remaster)
12. Metal Banshee (Mad Professor Mix 1)
13. Angel (Angel Dust)
14. Risingson (Setting Sun Dub 2)
15. Teardrop (Mazaruni Dub 1)
16. Inertia Creeps (Floating On Dubwise)
17. Exchange (Mountain Steppers Dub)
18. Wire (Leaping Dub)
19. Group Four (Security Forces Dub)